Bhopal Airport (BHO) - Transport
Bhopal Airport (BHO) is about 15 km from Bhopal city centre. Once you’ve landed at BHO Airport, how can you go the Bhopal city centre? You have several transport options from BHO Airport to the city centre and also within the Bhopal city centre:
- Bus: the nearest bus station from Bhopal Airport (BHO) is about 17 min walking from it, and it is called Gandhinagar bus stop. The main bus station in Bhopal city where you can find many bus connections is Kushabhau Thakre Inter State Bus Terminal. The bus lines from Bhopal Airport and within Bhopal city centre are:
o SR-1: this bus line within Bhopal city travels between the station Halalpur Bus stop until Chinchli Bairagarh.
o SR-2: this bus line goes from Nadra bus stop until the HEG Mandideep.
o SR-3: this bus line travels within Bhopal city centre, from the bus stop of Nariyal Kheda I until the bus stop Ayodhya Nagar
o SR-4: this bus line goes from the Bhopal city bus stop of Chinchli Bairagarh until the Over Bridge circal.
o SR-5: this bus line goes from Chiraiu Hospital until the bus stop Avadhpuri Vidyasagar College.
o SR-6: this bus line goes from Rajeev Gandhi College until the Oriantal College.
o SR-7: this is the only bus connecting Bhopal Airport with Bhopal city centre. The bus line connects Bhopal Airport with Bhopal city centre, from the bus stop Gandhinagar until the bus stop Patel Nagar Bypass.
o SR-8: this bus line goes from the bus stop Chinchli Bairagarh until the bus stop Coach Factory.
o TR-1: this bus line within Bhopal city goes from Chiraiu Hospital until the bus stop Aakriti Eco city.
o TR-2: this bus line goes from Nadra bus stop until HEG Mandideep.
o TR-3: this bus line goes from Nariyal Kheda I until the bus stop of Ayodhya Nagar.
o TR-4: this bus line within Bhopal city goes from Sehore Naka bus stop until Misrod bus stop.
- Train: there is no train going from Bhopa Airport (BHO) until the Bhopal city centre. But within Bhopal city you will find several train lines which will connect you within many city points. The main railway station fo the city is the Bhopal Junction railway station, and you can get there by Bus (around 1 hour and 30 minutes), or by Car/Taxi, which takes about 35 minutes. Bhopal is also very well connected with many other Indian cities.
- Metro: the Bhopal Metro plan is under construction right now, and it is expected to be completely operative by 2021.
- Car rental: it is a good idea to rent a car during your trip to Bhopal city, the capital of Madhya Pradesh, in India. Check our search engine to find your best option.
- Taxi: once you’ve landed at Bhopal Airport you can take a Taxi from the taxi rank at the Arrivals exit.
- Uber: the car sharing is also a good option to travel from Bhopal Airport to Bhopal city centre.
- Autorickshaws: you may not find and autorickshaw at Bhopal Airport, but once inside the Bhopal city you can find one and ride around the city.